Tuesday 12 April 2011

Digipak Examples


Foo Fighters - Echoes, silence, patience and grace

I liked this Digipak as i felt the half and half images throughout the pictures were unusual and satisfying to look at. I liked the idea that perhaps i take similar pictures and place two opposite things together as one. This idea would fit well with the song as it is called 'magnet', and when two magnets are placed together, opposites attract.



Pulled Apart By Horses - (self titled)

On this digipak, i enjoyed looking at the artwork on each page of the pull-out booklet. They fit well with the fun, wild yet sinister characteristics associated with many hard rock bands. If i were to do this for my digipak, i would not make the pictures as vibrant as this would not fit with the indie genre. As a basis for an idea however, i thought that unusual and eye-grabbing artwork like this would look great on a digipak of my own.



Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am That's What I'm Not

Of all the albums I looked at, I felt this one would be most fitting for my Digipak, as Arctic Monkeys and Bombay Bicycle Club both make music under the indie genre. I liked the way it had captured real life events in photographs, as this fits with the seriousness associated with indie bands. I think for my own Digipak, i will take some pictures with minimal use of effect in order to encapsulate a real feel within each picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment