Monday 21 March 2011

Poster

This is my finished poster design for my chosen track. I drew inspiration from a number of posters i looked before i began designing this finished poster. I chose to use a faded image as the background as i saw it in my research and felt it was very effective in setting the mood for the album or single an audience is looking to buy. I chose this picture as i thought it fit with the mood of the song, and with the lyrics about making decisions, as the actor looks as if he is pondering or deciding on something. I also decided to keep it simple, with dark and bleak looking colours, to create an air of mystery around the band and song. I also kept all of the writing to the same font, so that my poster looked professional like the other posters i looked at. I also noticed in my research that other posters had the record label logo in the bottom corner, so i followed suite and put the Island Records logo in the bottom left corner. Audience Feedback

Ryan: This looks good because it matches up with the digipak i saw earlier. I said the same before, i think the faded colour looks good because it makes the character look lonely or sad, and looks similar to the black and white digipak.


Josh: I like the font used in the writing, because its all the same and looks realistic. The way it is centred helps it to look professional, especially with the websites and logo's at the bottom.


Meg: The character in the picture looks good, i like the way he fits into the screen with space on his right to show where he's looking. His expression fits in with the song and the dark depressing colours used. Maybe the picture could of been black and white though, as you can see some colour but its just very faded. It's not a big issue but it would make it link in more with the digipak.

No comments:

Post a Comment